The five service pups I've raised...

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Glass Bits Become Art


I've been wanting to learn how to make mosaic art since I stumbled upon a gallery in Kona last December.
So I found this class online and signed up for a two day introduction to "learn the ropes".
The types of tools, how to cut, the best methods of grouting...
I took the design idea from my valence fabric in my living room.
The finished piece is the bottom picture; it's a table top for a patio table. I thought it would be perfect next to my hammock swing for this summer. I can rest my beverage on it while swinging out back. Or I just may keep it in my entry way, by my front door.

What do you think? I'm pretty happy with the finished result. I still need to paint the edges red yet.
Not quite sure I'm ready to do my master piece for over my fireplace, which is my eventual goal.
But this was a good start and fun too.
You can see Amber's classes at http://ambersartistry.com/



No comments: