The five service pups I've raised...

Friday, May 1, 2009

Almost Over April

As April winds to a close and May is on the doorstep, in no time it will be Memorial Day Weekend and the official kick-off of Summer 2009. Really? So soon?

Why is it that the older we get, the faster time seems to fly? Someone once told me it was due to perspective...that is, as a young person for example a summer seems to last forever becasue you hadn't really been alive all that long. But the more we age the more we realize that a summer will flash by us before we can grasp that the vacation we'd waited so long for, has come and gone -just like that!

Mom phoned me today and we had a nice chat. She said it's storming in the midwest and Ohio expects rain for the next four days. Ugh, I remember those spring storms . When everything gets so soggy you just want the sun to come out. One thing I regularly give thanks for is the weather here in lovely Encinitas, CA. We are so truly blessed and I seldom take it for granted. For instance this Sunday is the nation's largest street fair in Carlsbad. They have it twice a year - in May and November and in something like 35 years it's only ever been rained on twice (I hear.) This is the link.



I won't be able to make it as I will instead be taking wee Francie to the puppy pool party and play date with her other service puppy friends.
But just think of all the money I will save by not attending....ha!

No comments: