The five service pups I've raised...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Preparing for a guest...

...well it's a bit of a blustery Sunday in San Diego county but the "storm" really never arrived. A few blustery blasts of wind and one little downpour and now it's sunny and blue skies. I know I shouldn't complain but odd how I can get psyched up for a day inside with rain falling outside and then actually feel a bit disappointed when it doesn't happen. My little yard and seedlings were looking forward to a gently drink and a rinse off...

I spent the day inside anyway, dusting, cleaning and putting away things in the spare room as my nephew arrives tomorrow from Ohio, to spend his spring break here in Calif. with me and his Grandpa. I found an old photo album of a half toothless 8 year old boy and here he comes, age 17, 6'2'' and sporting his driving temps! Where DO the years go? I'm looking forward to sharing time with him and showing off San Diego. I best get back to the preparations- making up the pull-out bed, assembling clean sheets, towels etc. I wonder if he's half as excited as I am! I'll have to downloand a photo of my sweet nephew once I can find one...I have a favorite from last summer in Indiana where he dwarf''s me with his towering height. Ha











Justin's High School football photo
The Golden Bears of Upper Arlington in Cols, OH

No comments: