The five service pups I've raised...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Art is Life

Kennedy (age 10) and Parker (age 8.5)

I attended my nieces' Art Festival tonight where the art work of grades 1 - 12th is exhibited... I was pleased to see such a strong art program in place at a school since in Calif there seems to continually be an outcry at how art programs have no funding available and therefore must be eliminated from the schools- even though it's known how beneficial to development the arts are, for children of all ages.

Tonight I found myself most drawn to the works depicting dogs...
Paintings, drawings, pastels, sketches, mosaics, wire forms, clay sculptures...they all
demonstrated how at a every age, the family dog is indeed an integral part of the family unit.

As it should be.

No comments: