The five service pups I've raised...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A "Hum Dinger"

One day last week, on my dog walk in the morning, I saw this hummer darting back and forth into the lower branch on this tree. I walked over to investigate.

Then this week, I checked to see the progress and sure enough when I peeked into the nest - lo and behold two tiny hummingbird eggs! They look just like jelly bellie candies don't they?








I had my camera with me and took some shots. The mom would dart away and I could not get a good photo of her on the nest. But once I was a few paces away she'd shoot back and sit on the nest.



Years ago, I had a hummer nest right outside my upstairs window. It was so neat watching the parents feed the babes, and watching them grow until they finally both left the nest.
I will enjoy watching the progress of this hummer family too...



No comments: