The five service pups I've raised...

Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekend Retreat

Well the bags are packed (almost). The dogs have sitters to watch them for the weekend.

And we're ready to head to La Quinta for some weekend sunshine and scrap booking at Dusty's retreat - see here:
http://www.shoppinatdustys.com/gallery/main.php

I have not been over for awhile, but her "season" is closing and we (Lyn, Lisa and I) are the final booking until the fall when Dusty's retreats begin once more.

Dusty's is the perfect place to relax and really make some progress on what ever project one is working on. For me, I will do journaling to FINALLY finish my Turkey/Greece albums from my trip in 2004.

Dusty said we could bring little Miss Francie so she will get to play with Inoki (age 10 months) and Jonie, Dusty's release CCI puppy (now almost 3 yrs I think).
I can't wait to introduce Francie to swimming!

Here's a funny photo from when Dusty and some CCI friends did the "decorate the dog" contest at CCI's volunteer appreciation party a few years back. Yep if it stands still long enough we scrappers WILL decorate it
!



That's sweet boy Ever, my 4th CCI puppy I raised. He was so calm and such a trooper to let us decorate him as part of the contest. We also had to make up a story that coincided with his "duds". And that's Jonie, Dusty's pup she was raising then.

I'll try to post more when I return on Sunday from our desert get away.

No comments: